Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Garden

A few days ago I mentioned my plant that wasn't doing so well.  I really thought she was going to die, so I prematurely bought another little plant from Restoration Hardware.  A tiny globe boxwood.  Well the other one pulled through after all so I decided that I am going to start a little garden on my window ledge/seat thing.  I also decided that since plants are alive, they need names.  The one on the left is Gloria, because she's a survivor.  (For those who don't know, Gloria Gaynor was the first to record, "I Will Survive.")  The other one is Woody.  Really clever there I know.  The great thing about Woody is that he only needs to be misted once a month!  I think I can handle that.

Now I just need some pretty flowers.  (Actually, when Gloria was a newborn she had tons of tiny bright pink flowers all over her.  But they must only appear bianually because it's been over a year since they were around.)  If anyone can tell what kind of plant she is just by looking at her, please let me know.

Here's a few more shots of Woody.

Do any of you readers have a green thumb?
Any tips?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails